Who Are We?
ProSanctity is a world-wide movement of people, based on
Catholic teachings, who seek holiness in everyday life.
We find our mission firmly grounded in scripture:
"As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, be holy yourselves in all your conduct; since it is written, 'You shall be holy, for I am holy'." [RSV] 1 Peter 1: 14-16
This movement of people, began very humbly in the aftermath of
World War II when the youth of Italy sought more to life than
war, money, and power. These young people sought spirituality in
an atmosphere of care and friendship. A young priest, Father
Giaquinta, responded to their needs.
Today, the legacy of Father Giaquinta, guides us in the
responding to your needs. We believe that in today's fast-paced world, it is important to help all people find a sense of peace, community,
and support in developing a spiritual life.
to see the general organization of the Pro Sanctity charism.
Who Are We Home Apostolic Oblates Apostolic Sodales Social Animators
WHO ARE WE?
Who Are We?
- We are an ecclesial group of laymen, single or married, who wish:
- to live a life of generous love toward God, Father of humankind, and toward all people, who are our very sisters and brothers, because we are children of the same Father and brothers and sisters of Jesus;
- to announce through word and through action the vocation to love God the Father and all people, following Christ's example;
- to spread the spirit of fraternal love at work, in professional and social life, and to contribute to the building of a society based on spiritual brotherhood
- We wish to live and to realize in the world the spiritual brotherhood that:
- comes from faith in God, Father of all;
- has as its model the maximum love of Christ our Brother who accepted the cross for us;
- makes of all humankind, nations, and people a family that lives in mutual respect and communion.
What Do We Want?
- We want:
- to be a "sign" of the spirit of holiness and brotherhood in the family, in the work and social environment;
- to give an efficacious contribution to the development of social spirituality;
- to promote the development of this project through the "Social Brotherhood Organization" involving all those interested in social spirituality.
The Social Animators were founded in Rome by Bishop Giaquinta in 1967. They were recognized
as an Ecclesial Association on March 12, 1994. The Ecclesial Association is composed of laymen
who strive to answer the call to holiness in their personal lives, within their families and in
society .They commit themselves to the apostolate of social spirituality , social holiness and